Friday, April 11, 2014

Lent Day 33 – April 11, 2014 – Lectionary Year 2



Psalter

Morning


Psalm 22 – New International Version



For the director of music. To the tune of “The Doe of the Morning.” A psalm of David.


My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me,
    so far from my cries of anguish?
My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
    by night, but I find no rest.[b]
Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
    you are the one Israel praises.[c]
In you our ancestors put their trust;
    they trusted and you delivered them.
To you they cried out and were saved;
    in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
But I am a worm and not a man,
    scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;
    they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
“He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
    “let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
    since he delights in him.”
Yet you brought me out of the womb;
    you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
    from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
    for trouble is near
    and there is no one to help.
12 Many bulls surround me;
    strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
    open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
    and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
    it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
    and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
    you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs surround me,
    a pack of villains encircles me;
    they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
    people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
    and cast lots for my garment.
19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
    You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
    my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
    save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
22 I will declare your name to my people;
    in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
    All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
    Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
    the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
    but has listened to his cry for help.
25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
    before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
    those who seek the Lord will praise him—
    may your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth
    will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
    will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
    and he rules over the nations.
29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
    all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
    those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him;
    future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
    declaring to a people yet unborn:
    He has done it!
Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 22:1 In Hebrew texts 22:1-31 is numbered 22:2-32.
  2. Psalm 22:2 Or night, and am not silent
  3. Psalm 22:3 Or Yet you are holy, / enthroned on the praises of Israel
  4. Psalm 22:15 Probable reading of the original Hebrew text; Masoretic Text strength
  5. Psalm 22:16 Dead Sea Scrolls and some manuscripts of the Masoretic Text, Septuagint and Syriac; most manuscripts of the Masoretic Text me, / like a lion
  6. Psalm 22:25 Hebrew him




 * * * *

Псалтирь 22 (21)

Psalm 22 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(21-1) ^^Начальнику хора. При появлении зари. Псалом Давида.^^ (21-2) Боже мой! Боже мой! для чего Ты оставил меня? Далеки от спасения моего слова вопля моего.
2 (21-3) Боже мой! я вопию днем, --и Ты не внемлешь мне, ночью, --и нет мне успокоения.
3 (21-4) Но Ты, Святый, живешь среди славословий Израиля.
4 (21-5) На Тебя уповали отцы наши; уповали, и Ты избавлял их;
5 (21-6) к Тебе взывали они, и были спасаемы; на Тебя уповали, и не оставались в стыде.
6 (21-7) Я же червь, а не человек, поношение у людей и презрение в народе.
7 (21-8) Все, видящие меня, ругаются надо мною, говорят устами, кивая головою:
8 (21-9) 'он уповал на Господа; пусть избавит его, пусть спасет, если он угоден Ему'.
9 (21-10) Но Ты извел меня из чрева, вложил в меня упование у грудей матери моей.
10 (21-11) На Тебя оставлен я от утробы; от чрева матери моей Ты--Бог мой.
11 (21-12) Не удаляйся от меня, ибо скорбь близка, а помощника нет.
12 (21-13) Множество тельцов обступили меня; тучные Васанские окружили меня,
13 (21-14) раскрыли на меня пасть свою, как лев, алчущий добычи и рыкающий.
14 (21-15) Я пролился, как вода; все кости мои рассыпались; сердце мое сделалось, как воск, растаяло посреди внутренности моей.
15 (21-16) Сила моя иссохла, как черепок; язык мой прильпнул к гортани моей, и Ты свел меня к персти смертной.
16 (21-17) Ибо псы окружили меня, скопище злых обступило меня, пронзили руки мои и ноги мои.
17 (21-18) Можно было бы перечесть все кости мои; а они смотрят и делают из меня зрелище;
18 (21-19) делят ризы мои между собою и об одежде моей бросают жребий.
19 (21-20) Но Ты, Господи, не удаляйся от меня; сила моя! поспеши на помощь мне;
20 (21-21) избавь от меча душу мою и от псов одинокую мою;
21 (21-22) спаси меня от пасти льва и от рогов единорогов, услышав, [избавь] меня.
22 (21-23) Буду возвещать имя Твое братьям моим, посреди собрания восхвалять Тебя.
23 (21-24) Боящиеся Господа! восхвалите Его. Все семя Иакова! прославь Его. Да благоговеет пред Ним все семя Израиля,
24 (21-25) ибо Он не презрел и не пренебрег скорби страждущего, не скрыл от него лица Своего, но услышал его, когда сей воззвал к Нему.
25 (21-26) О Тебе хвала моя в собрании великом; воздам обеты мои пред боящимися Его.
26 (21-27) Да едят бедные и насыщаются; да восхвалят Господа ищущие Его; да живут сердца ваши во веки!
27 (21-28) Вспомнят, и обратятся к Господу все концы земли, и поклонятся пред Тобою все племена язычников,
28 (21-29) ибо Господне есть царство, и Он--Владыка над народами.
29 (21-30) Будут есть и поклоняться все тучные земли; преклонятся пред Ним все нисходящие в персть и не могущие сохранить жизни своей.
30 (21-31) Потомство [мое] будет служить Ему, и будет называться Господним вовек:
31 (21-32) придут и будут возвещать правду Его людям, которые родятся, что сотворил Господь.



 * * * *

Evening


Psalm 141 – New International Version

A psalm of David.

I call to you, Lord, come quickly to me;
    hear me when I call to you.
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
    may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
    keep watch over the door of my lips.
Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil
    so that I take part in wicked deeds
along with those who are evildoers;
    do not let me eat their delicacies.
Let a righteous man strike me—that is a kindness;
    let him rebuke me—that is oil on my head.
My head will not refuse it,
    for my prayer will still be against the deeds of evildoers.
Their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs,
    and the wicked will learn that my words were well spoken.
They will say, “As one plows and breaks up the earth,
    so our bones have been scattered at the mouth of the grave.”
But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord;
    in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.
Keep me safe from the traps set by evildoers,
    from the snares they have laid for me.
10 Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
    while I pass by in safety.





 * * * *

Псалтирь 141 (140)

Psalm 141 -- Russian Synodal Bible

(140-1) ^^Псалом Давида.^^ Господи! к тебе взываю: поспеши ко мне, внемли голосу моления моего, когда взываю к Тебе.
2 (140-2) Да направится молитва моя, как фимиам, пред лице Твое, воздеяние рук моих--как жертва вечерняя.
3 (140-3) Положи, Господи, охрану устам моим, и огради двери уст моих;
4 (140-4) не дай уклониться сердцу моему к словам лукавым для извинения дел греховных вместе с людьми, делающими беззаконие, и да не вкушу я от сластей их.
5 (140-5) Пусть наказывает меня праведник: это милость; пусть обличает меня: это лучший елей, который не повредит голове моей; но мольбы мои--против злодейств их.
6 (140-6) Вожди их рассыпались по утесам и слышат слова мои, что они кротки.
7 (140-7) Как будто землю рассекают и дробят нас; сыплются кости наши в челюсти преисподней.
8 (140-8) Но к Тебе, Господи, Господи, очи мои; на Тебя уповаю, не отринь души моей!
9 (140-9) Сохрани меня от силков, поставленных для меня, от тенет беззаконников.
10 (140-10) Падут нечестивые в сети свои, а я перейду.



Link 


* * * *

Psalm 143 – New International Version



A psalm of David.

Lord, hear my prayer,
    listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
    come to my relief.
Do not bring your servant into judgment,
    for no one living is righteous before you.
The enemy pursues me,
    he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
    like those long dead.
So my spirit grows faint within me;
    my heart within me is dismayed.
I remember the days of long ago;
    I meditate on all your works
    and consider what your hands have done.
I spread out my hands to you;
    I thirst for you like a parched land.[a]
Answer me quickly, Lord;
    my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
    or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
    for I hide myself in you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
    lead me on level ground.
11 For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life;
    in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
    destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant.
Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 143:6 The Hebrew has Selah (a word of uncertain meaning) here.



 * * * *

Псалтирь 143 (142)

Psalm 143 -- Russian Synodal Bible

 (142-1) ^^Псалом Давида.^^ Господи! услышь молитву мою, внемли молению моему по истине Твоей; услышь меня по правде Твоей
2 (142-2) и не входи в суд с рабом Твоим, потому что не оправдается пред Тобой ни один из живущих.
3 (142-3) Враг преследует душу мою, втоптал в землю жизнь мою, принудил меня жить во тьме, как давно умерших, --
4 (142-4) и уныл во мне дух мой, онемело во мне сердце мое.
5 (142-5) Вспоминаю дни древние, размышляю о всех делах Твоих, рассуждаю о делах рук Твоих.
6 (142-6) Простираю к Тебе руки мои; душа моя--к Тебе, как жаждущая земля.
7 (142-7) Скоро услышь меня, Господи: дух мой изнемогает; не скрывай лица Твоего от меня, чтобы я не уподобился нисходящим в могилу.
8 (142-8) Даруй мне рано услышать милость Твою, ибо я на Тебя уповаю. Укажи мне путь, по которому мне идти, ибо к Тебе возношу я душу мою.
9 (142-9) Избавь меня, Господи, от врагов моих; к Тебе прибегаю.
10 (142-10) Научи меня исполнять волю Твою, потому что Ты Бог мой; Дух Твой благий да ведет меня в землю правды.
11 (142-11) Ради имени Твоего, Господи, оживи меня; ради правды Твоей выведи из напасти душу мою.
12 (142-12) И по милости Твоей истреби врагов моих и погуби всех, угнетающих душу мою, ибо я Твой раб.



____

Hebrew Bible


Exodus 9:13-35 – New International Version

The Plague of Hail

13 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me, 14 or this time I will send the full force of my plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth. 15 For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. 16 But I have raised you up[a] for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. 17 You still set yourself against my people and will not let them go. 18 Therefore, at this time tomorrow I will send the worst hailstorm that has ever fallen on Egypt, from the day it was founded till now. 19 Give an order now to bring your livestock and everything you have in the field to a place of shelter, because the hail will fall on every person and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in the field, and they will die.’”

20 Those officials of Pharaoh who feared the word of the Lord hurried to bring their slaves and their livestock inside. 21 But those who ignored the word of the Lord left their slaves and livestock in the field.

22 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that hail will fall all over Egypt—on people and animals and on everything growing in the fields of Egypt.”  

23 When Moses stretched out his staff toward the sky, the Lord sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So the Lord rained hail on the land of Egypt; 24 hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation. 25 Throughout Egypt hail struck everything in the fields—both people and animals; it beat down everything growing in the fields and stripped every tree.  

26 The only place it did not hail was the land of Goshen, where the Israelites were.

27 Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron. “This time I have sinned,” he said to them. “The Lord is in the right, and I and my people are in the wrong. 28 Pray to the Lord, for we have had enough thunder and hail. I will let you go; you don’t have to stay any longer.”

29 Moses replied, “When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in prayer to the Lord. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is the Lord’s. 30 But I know that you and your officials still do not fear the Lord God.”

31 (The flax and barley were destroyed, since the barley had headed and the flax was in bloom. 32 The wheat and spelt, however, were not destroyed, because they ripen later.)

33 Then Moses left Pharaoh and went out of the city. He spread out his hands toward the Lord; the thunder and hail stopped, and the rain no longer poured down on the land.  

34 When Pharaoh saw that the rain and hail and thunder had stopped, he sinned again: He and his officials hardened their hearts. 35 So Pharaoh’s heart was hard and he would not let the Israelites go, just as the Lord had said through Moses.

Footnotes:

  1. Exodus 9:16 Or have spared you

 Link


 * * * *

Исход 9:13-35



Exodus 9:13-35 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Седьмое наказание: град

13 Господь сказал Моисею:
– Поднимись завтра рано утром, иди к фараону и скажи ему: «Так говорит Господь, Бог евреев: Отпусти Мой народ поклониться Мне. 14 На этот раз Я накажу тебя, твоих приближенных и твой народ самыми страшными карами, чтобы ты знал: нет на земле подобного Мне. 15 Я мог бы занести руку и поразить тебя и твой народ мором, который смел бы вас с лица земли. 16 Но Я возвысил[a] тебя для того, чтобы показать тебе Мою силу и чтобы Имя Мое стало известно по всей земле. 17 Ты все еще против Моего народа и не отпускаешь его. 18 Так слушай: завтра в это время Я пошлю такой страшный град, какого Египет не знал со времен своего основания. 19 Поэтому прикажи отвести скот и все, что у тебя есть в безопасное место. Град будет падать на всех людей и животных, которые останутся в поле без прикрытия, и все они погибнут».

20 Те приближенные фараона, которые испугались слов Господа, поспешили увести рабов и скот. 21 А пренебрегшие им оставили рабов и скот в поле.

22 Господь сказал Моисею:

– Подними руку к небу – и град падет на Египет: на людей, на животных и на все, что растет в полях Египта.

23 Моисей поднял посох к небу, и Господь послал гром и град. Молния ударила в землю. Господь обрушил град на землю Египта. 24 Повсюду шел град и били молнии. Такой бури не было в Египте со времен его заселения. 25 По всему Египту град поразил на полях и людей, и животных. Град побил все, что росло в полях, и поломал деревья. 26 Только в земле Гошен, где жили израильтяне, града не было. 27 Фараон послал за Моисеем и Аароном.

– На этот раз я согрешил, – сказал он им. – Господь прав, а я и мой народ виновны.  

28 Помолитесь Господу; довольно с нас ужасного грома и града! Я отпущу вас, вам 
больше не нужно оставаться.

29 Моисей ответил:

– Я выйду из города, воздену руки и помолюсь Господу. Гром утихнет и града больше не будет для того, чтобы ты знал, что хозяин земли – Господь. 30 Но я знаю, что ты и твои приближенные по-прежнему не боитесь Господа Бога.

31 (Лен и ячмень погибли, потому что в ту пору ячмень колосился, а лен цвел. 32 А пшеница и полба не погибли: они созревают позже.)

33 Моисей ушел от фараона, вышел из города и воздел руки к Господу. Гром и град прекратились. Дождь больше не проливался на землю. 34 Фараон увидел, что дождь, град и гром прекратились, и опять согрешил: его сердце и сердца его приближенных оставались упрямыми. 35 Сердце фараона исполнилось упрямством, и он не отпустил израильтян, как Господь и говорил через Моисея.

Footnotes:

  1. Исход 9:16 Или: «сохранил».


Link 

____

Epistle



2 Corinthians 4:1-12 – New International Version

Present Weakness and Resurrection Life

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

Footnotes:

  1. 2 Corinthians 4:6 Gen. 1:3




 * * * *

2-е Коринфянам 4:1-12


2 Corinthians 4:1-12 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Сокровище в глиняных сосудах

Вот почему, имея по милости Божьей это служение, мы не отчаиваемся. 2 Мы отвергаем любые нечестные методы, за которые бывает стыдно, мы никого не обманываем и не искажаем слово Божье. Напротив, мы открыто возвещаем истину, и пусть каждый человек судит нас в своей совести перед Богом. 3 Если для кого-то Радостная Весть, которую мы возвещаем, и закрыта, то только для тех, кто идет к погибели, 4 для неверующих, у которых бог[a] этого мира ослепил умы, чтобы им не видеть света Радостной Вести о славе Христа, Который есть образ Бога. 5 Ведь мы возвещаем не самих себя, а Христа Иисуса как Господа, мы же – ваши слуги ради Иисуса. 6 Потому что Бог, сказавший: «Пусть из тьмы воссияет свет»[b], и Сам есть тот Свет, Который светит в наших сердцах, давая нам знание славы Божьей, которая видна на лице Иисуса Христа.
7 Но это сокровище мы носим в глиняных сосудах[c] и показываем, что эта выдающаяся сила исходит не от нас, а от Бога. 8 Нас теснят со всех сторон, но мы не стеснены; мы в отчаянных обстоятельствах, но не в отчаянии; 9 нас преследуют, но мы не покинуты; мы сильно побиты, но не убиты. 10 В нашем теле мы всегда носим смерть Иисуса, чтобы в нас была явлена и Его жизнь. 11 Мы, живые, все время предаемся смерти за Иисуса, чтобы и жизнь Иисуса была явлена в наших смертных телах. 12 Смерть совершает свою работу в нас ради того, чтобы в вас совершила свою работу жизнь!

Footnotes:

  1. 2-е Коринфянам 4:4 То есть сатана.
  2. 2-е Коринфянам 4:6 Быт. 1:3.
  3. 2-е Коринфянам 4:7 То есть в наших телах.



http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+cor+4%3A1-12&version=SZ
____
Gospel
Mark 10:32-45

 

Jesus Predicts His Death a Third Time

32 They were on their way up to Jerusalem, with Jesus leading the way, and the disciples were astonished, while those who followed were afraid. Again he took the Twelve aside and told them what was going to happen to him. 33 “We are going up to Jerusalem,” he said, “and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles, 34 who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise.”

The Request of James and John

35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. “Teacher,” they said, “we want you to do for us whatever we ask.”
36 “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked.
37 They replied, “Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory.”
38 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said. “Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?”
39 “We can,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40 but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”
41 When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and John. 42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”




 * * * *
Mark 10:32-45 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny

Иисус в третий раз говорит о Своей смерти и воскресении

(Мат. 20:17-19; Лк. 18:31-33)

32 Они шли в Иерусалим. Иисус шел впереди встревоженных учеников, а за ними следовал испуганный народ. Снова отведя двенадцать в сторону, Иисус стал рассказывать им о том, что с Ним будет.

33 – Вот, мы идем в Иерусалим, там Сына Человеческого выдадут первосвященникам и учителям Закона. Они приговорят Его к смерти и отдадут язычникам. 34 Те будут над Ним глумиться, плевать в Него, бичевать и затем убьют. Но через три дня Он воскреснет.

Не господствуйте, но служите

(Мат. 20:20-28; Лк. 22:24-27)

35 К Иисусу подошли Иаков и Иоанн, сыновья Зеведея.

– Учитель, – сказали они, – мы хотим, чтобы Ты сделал для нас то, о чем мы Тебя попросим.

36 – Что вы хотите, чтобы Я для вас сделал? – спросил Он их.

37 – Позволь нам в Твоей славе сесть одному по правую, а другому по левую руку от Тебя, – сказали они.

38 – Вы не знаете, о чем просите, – сказал им Иисус. – Можете ли вы выпить ту чашу, которую Я пью, и креститься крещением, которым Я крещусь?

39 – Можем, – ответили они.

Тогда Иисус сказал им:

– Пить чашу, которую Я пью, вы будете, и крещение, которым Я крещусь, вы тоже примете. 40 Но кому сидеть по правую или по левую руку от Меня, решаю не Я, эти места принадлежат тем, кому они назначены.

41 Когда остальные десять учеников услышали это, они рассердились на Иакова и Иоанна. 42 Иисус подозвал их и сказал:

– Вы знаете, что те, кого считают правителями этого мира, властвуют над своими народами, и владеет людьми их знать. 43 Но у вас пусть будет не так. Наоборот, кто хочет стать среди вас самым великим, должен быть вам слугой, 44 и кто хочет быть среди вас первым, пусть будет для всех слугой. 45 Ведь и Сын Человеческий пришел не для того, чтобы Ему служили, но чтобы служить другим и отдать Свою жизнь как выкуп за многих.








No comments:

Post a Comment