Thursday, May 1, 2014

April 28, 2014 – Easter Season – Lectionary Year 2


Psalter


Morning



Psalms 1-3 -- Common English Bible



BOOK I


(Psalms 1–41)


Psalm 1


The truly happy person
    doesn’t follow wicked advice,
    doesn’t stand on the road of sinners,
    and doesn’t sit with the disrespectful.
Instead of doing those things,

    these persons love the Lord’s Instruction,
    and they recite God’s Instruction day and night!
They are like a tree replanted by streams of water,

    which bears fruit at just the right time
    and whose leaves don’t fade.
        Whatever they do succeeds.

That’s not true for the wicked!
    They are like dust that the wind blows away.
And that’s why the wicked will have no standing in the court of justice—

    neither will sinners
    in the assembly of the righteous.
The Lord is intimately acquainted
    with the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked is destroyed.

Psalm 2


Why do the nations rant?
    Why do the peoples rave uselessly?
The earth’s rulers take their stand;

    the leaders scheme together
    against the Lord and
    against his anointed one.
        “Come!” they say.
        “We will tear off their ropes
        and throw off their chains!”
The one who rules in heaven laughs;

    my Lord makes fun of them.
But then God speaks to them angrily;
    then he terrifies them with his fury:
        “I hereby appoint my king on Zion,
        my holy mountain!”

I will announce the Lord’s decision:
    He said to me, “You are my son,
        today I have become your father.
Just ask me,

    and I will make the nations your possession;
    the far corners of the earth will be your property.
You will smash them with an iron rod;
    you will shatter them like a pottery jar.”

10 So kings, wise up!
    Be warned, you rulers of the earth!
11 Serve the
Lord reverently—
    trembling, 12 kiss his feet[a]
        or else he will become angry,
        and your way will be destroyed
    because his anger ignites in an instant.

But all who take refuge in the Lord are truly happy!

Psalm 3


A psalm of David, when he fled from his son Absalom.


Lord, I have so many enemies!
    So many are standing against me.
So many are talking about me:

    “Even God won’t help him.” Selah[b]
But you, Lord, are my shield!
    You are my glory!
    You are the one who restores me.
I cry out loud to the
Lord,
    and he answers me from his holy mountain. Selah
I lie down, sleep, and wake up

    because the Lord helps me.
I won’t be afraid of thousands of people

    surrounding me on all sides.

Stand up, Lord!
    Save me, my God!
In fact, hit all my enemies on the jaw;
    shatter the teeth of the wicked!
Rescue comes from the
Lord!
    May your blessing be on your people! Selah

Footnotes:


  1. Psalm 2:12 Correction; Heb uncertain; MT rejoice with trembling, kiss the son (but with son in Aram, not Heb)
  2. Psalm 3:2 Heb uncertain; probably a musical term








 * * * *



Псалтирь 1-3



Psalms 1-3 -- Russian Synodal Bible



1 Блажен муж, который не ходит на совет нечестивых и не стоит на пути грешных и не сидит в собрании развратителей,


2 но в законе Господа воля его, и о законе Его размышляет он день и ночь!


3 И будет он как дерево, посаженное при потоках вод, которое приносит плод свой во время свое, и лист которого не вянет; и во всем, что он ни делает, успеет.


4 Не так--нечестивые; но они--как прах, возметаемый ветром.


5 Потому не устоят нечестивые на суде, и грешники--в собрании праведных.


6 Ибо знает Господь путь праведных, а путь нечестивых погибнет.


2 ^^Псалом Давида.^^ Зачем мятутся народы, и племена замышляют тщетное?


2 Восстают цари земли, и князья совещаются вместе против Господа и против Помазанника Его.


3 'Расторгнем узы их, и свергнем с себя оковы их'.


4 Живущий на небесах посмеется, Господь поругается им.


5 Тогда скажет им во гневе Своем и яростью Своею приведет их в смятение:


6 'Я помазал Царя Моего над Сионом, святою горою Моею;

7 возвещу определение: Господь сказал Мне: Ты Сын Мой; Я ныне родил Тебя;

8 проси у Меня, и дам народы в наследие Тебе и пределы земли во владение Тебе;


9 Ты поразишь их жезлом железным; сокрушишь их, как сосуд горшечника'.


10 Итак вразумитесь, цари; научитесь, судьи земли!


11 Служите Господу со страхом и радуйтесь с трепетом.


12 Почтите Сына, чтобы Он не прогневался, и чтобы вам не погибнуть в пути [вашем], ибо гнев Его возгорится вскоре. Блаженны все, уповающие на Него.


3 ^^Псалом Давида, когда он бежал от Авессалома, сына своего.^^ (3-2) Господи! как умножились враги мои! Многие восстают на меня

 2 (3-3) многие говорят душе моей: 'нет ему спасения в Боге'.

3 (3-4) Но Ты, Господи, щит предо мною, слава моя, и Ты возносишь голову мою.

4 (3-5) Гласом моим взываю к Господу, и Он слышит меня со святой горы Своей.

5 (3-6) Ложусь я, сплю и встаю, ибо Господь защищает меня.

6 (3-7) Не убоюсь тем народа, которые со всех сторон ополчились на меня.

7 (3-8) Восстань, Господи! спаси меня, Боже мой! ибо Ты поражаешь в ланиту всех врагов моих; сокрушаешь зубы нечестивых.

8 (3-9) От Господа спасение. Над народом Твоим благословение Твое.








* * * *



Evening



Psalm 4 -- Common English Bible



Psalm 4


For the music leader. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.


Answer me when I cry out, my righteous God!
    Set me free from my troubles!
        Have mercy on me!
        Listen to my prayer!

How long, you people,
    will my reputation be insulted?
How long will you continue
    to love what is worthless
    and go after lies? Selah
Know this: the Lord takes

    personal care of the faithful.
The Lord will hear me
    when I cry out to him.
So be afraid, and don’t sin!
    Think hard about it in your bed
    and weep over it! Selah
Bring righteous offerings,
    and trust the Lord!

Many people say,
    “We can’t find goodness anywhere.
    The light of your face has left us, Lord!”[a]
But you have filled my heart with more joy

    than when their wheat and wine are everywhere!
I will lie down and fall asleep in peace
    because you alone, Lord, let me live in safety.

Footnotes:


  1. Psalm 4:6 Correction; MT Shine the light of your face on us, Lord!








 * * * *



Псалтирь 4



Psalm 4 -- Russian Synodal Bible



^^Начальнику хора. На струнных [орудиях]. Псалом Давида.^^ (4-2) Когда я взываю, услышь меня, Боже правды моей! В тесноте Ты давал мне простор. Помилуй меня и услышь молитву мою.

2 (4-3) Сыны мужей! доколе слава моя будет в поругании? доколе будете любить суету и искать лжи?

3 (4-4) Знайте, что Господь отделил для Себя святаго Своего; Господь слышит, когда я призываю Его.

4 (4-5) Гневаясь, не согрешайте: размыслите в сердцах ваших на ложах ваших, и утишитесь;

5 (4-6) приносите жертвы правды и уповайте на Господа.

6 (4-7) Многие говорят: 'кто покажет нам благо?' Яви нам свет лица Твоего, Господи!

7 (4-8) Ты исполнил сердце мое веселием с того времени, как у них хлеб и вино умножились.

8 (4-9) Спокойно ложусь я и сплю, ибо Ты, Господи, един даешь мне жить в безопасности.








 * * * *



Psalm 7 -- Common English Bible



A shiggayon[a] of David, which he sang to the Lord about Cush, a Benjaminite.


I take refuge in you, Lord, my God.
    Save me from all who chase me!
    Rescue me!
 
Otherwise, they will rip me apart,
    dragging me off with no chance of rescue.
 
Lord, my God, if I have done this—
        if my hands have done anything wrong,
        if I have repaid a friend with evil
        or oppressed a foe for no reason—
    then let my enemy
        not only chase but catch me,
        trampling my life into the ground,
        laying my reputation in the dirt. Selah
 
Get up, Lord; get angry!
    Stand up against the fury of my foes!
 
Wake up, my God;[b]
    you command that justice be done!
 
Let the assembled peoples surround you.
    Rule them from on high![c]
 
The Lord will judge the peoples.
    Establish justice for me, Lord,
    according to my righteousness
    and according to my integrity.
 
Please let the evil of the wicked be over,
    but set the righteous firmly in place
    because you, the righteous God,
    are the one who examines hearts and minds.


10 God is my shield;
    he saves those whose heart is right.
 
11 God is a righteous judge,
    a God who is angry at evil[d] every single day.
 
12 If someone doesn’t change their ways,
    God will sharpen his sword,
    will bend his bow,
    will string an arrow.
 
13 God has deadly weapons in store
    for those who won’t change;
    he gets his flaming arrows ready!


14 But look how the wicked hatch evil,
    conceive trouble, give birth to lies!
 
15 They make a pit, dig it all out,
    and then fall right into the hole that they’ve made!
16 The trouble they cause
        will come back on their own heads;
    the violence they commit
        will come down on their own skulls.
 
17 But I will thank the Lord
        for his righteousness;
    I will sing praises
        to the name of the Lord Most High.

Footnotes:


  1. Psalm 7:1 Perhaps lament
  2. Psalm 7:6 Or for my sake
  3. Psalm 7:7 Correction; MT Come back to be exalted over them.
  4. Psalm 7:11 Heb lacks at evil.




Link



 * * * *



Псалтирь 7



Psalm 7 -- Russian Synodal Bible



^^Плачевная песнь, которую Давид воспел Господу по делу Хуса, из племени Вениаминова.^^ (7-2) Господи, Боже мой! на Тебя я уповаю; спаси меня от всех гонителей моих и избавь меня;

2 (7-3) да не исторгнет он, подобно льву, души моей, терзая, когда нет избавляющего.

3 (7-4) Господи, Боже мой! если я что сделал, если есть неправда в руках моих,

4 (7-5) если я платил злом тому, кто был со мною в мире, --я, который спасал даже того, кто без причины стал моим врагом, --

5 (7-6) то пусть враг преследует душу мою и настигнет, пусть втопчет в землю жизнь мою, и славу мою повергнет в прах.

6 (7-7) Восстань, Господи, во гневе Твоем; подвигнись против неистовства врагов моих, пробудись для меня на суд, который Ты заповедал, --

7 (7-8) сонм людей станет вокруг Тебя; над ним поднимись на высоту.

8 (7-9) Господь судит народы. Суди меня, Господи, по правде моей и по непорочности моей во мне.

9 (7-10) Да прекратится злоба нечестивых, а праведника подкрепи, ибо Ты испытуешь сердца и утробы, праведный Боже!

10 (7-11) Щит мой в Боге, спасающем правых сердцем.

11 (7-12) Бог--судия праведный, и Бог, всякий день строго взыскивающий,

12 (7-13) если [кто] не обращается. Он изощряет Свой меч, напрягает лук Свой и направляет его,

13 (7-14) приготовляет для него сосуды смерти, стрелы Свои делает палящими.

14 (7-15) Вот, [нечестивый] зачал неправду, был чреват злобою и родил себе ложь;

15 (7-16) рыл ров, и выкопал его, и упал в яму, которую приготовил:

16 (7-17) злоба его обратится на его голову, и злодейство его упадет на его темя.

17 (7-18) Славлю Господа по правде Его и пою имени Господа Всевышнего.








____



Hebrew Bible



Exodus 14:21-31 -- Common English Bible


Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea. The Lord pushed the sea back by a strong east wind all night, turning the sea into dry land. The waters were split into two.  

22 The Israelites walked into the sea on dry ground. The waters formed a wall for them on their right hand and on their left. 23 The Egyptians chased them and went into the sea after them, all of Pharaoh’s horses, chariots, and cavalry. 24 As morning approached, the Lord looked down on the Egyptian camp from the column of lightning and cloud and threw the Egyptian camp into a panic. 25 The Lord jammed their chariot wheels so that they wouldn’t turn easily. The Egyptians said, “Let’s get away from the Israelites, because the Lord is fighting for them against Egypt!”

26 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand over the sea so that the water comes back and covers the Egyptians, their chariots, and their cavalry.” 27 So Moses stretched out his hand over the sea. At daybreak, the sea returned to its normal depth. The Egyptians were driving toward it, and the Lord tossed the Egyptians into the sea. 28 The waters returned and covered the chariots and the cavalry, Pharaoh’s entire army that had followed them into the sea. Not one of them remained. 29 The Israelites, however, walked on dry ground through the sea. The waters formed a wall for them on their right hand and on their left.

30 The Lord rescued Israel from the Egyptians that day. Israel saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore. 31 Israel saw the amazing power of the Lord against the Egyptians. The people were in awe of the Lord, and they believed in the Lord and in his servant Moses.








 * * * *



Исход 14:21-31




Exodus 14:21-31 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny


Моисей простер руку над морем, а Господь всю ночь отгонял море сильным восточным ветром и превратил его в сушу. Воды разделились, 22 и израильтяне прошли через море, как по суше: одна стена воды стояла у них справа, а другая – слева. 23 Египтяне погнались за ними. Лошади, колесницы и всадники фараона ринулись в море. 24 Перед самым рассветом Господь посмотрел из огненного и облачного столба на египетское войско и поверг его в смятение. 25 Он застопорил[a] колеса их колесниц, и им стало трудно ехать.

Египтяне сказали:

– Бежим отсюда! Господь сражается на стороне израильтян против Египта!

26 Тогда Господь сказал Моисею:

– Протяни руку над морем, чтобы воды хлынули назад, на египтян, на их колесницы и всадников. 27 Моисей простер руку над морем, и с рассветом воды сомкнулись[b]. Египтяне бежали навстречу морю, и Господь смел их в воду. 28 Вода хлынула назад и накрыла колесницы и всадников – все войско фараона, которое ринулось за израильтянами в море. Не спасся никто.

29 Но израильтяне перешли через море, как по суше: одна стена воды стояла у них справа, а другая – слева. 30 В тот день Господь спас Израиль от египтян, и Израиль увидел их мертвыми на берегу. 31 Увидев великую силу, которой Господь сразил египтян, израильтян охватил страх перед Господом. Они поверили Ему и Его слуге Моисею.

Footnotes:


  1. Исход 14:25 Или.: «снял».
  2. Исход 14:27 Или: «поднялось до обычной глубины».








____



Epistle



1 Peter 1:1-12 -- Common English Bible



Greeting


Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s chosen strangers in the world of the diaspora, who live in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia.


God the Father chose you because of what he knew beforehand. He chose you through the Holy Spirit’s work of making you holy and because of the faithful obedience and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.


May God’s grace and peace be multiplied to you.

Thanksgiving

May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed! On account of his vast mercy, he has given us new birth. You have been born anew into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. You have a pure and enduring inheritance that cannot perish—an inheritance that is presently kept safe in heaven for you. Through his faithfulness, you are guarded by God’s power so that you can receive the salvation he is ready to reveal in the last time.

You now rejoice in this hope, even if it’s necessary for you to be distressed for a short time by various trials. This is necessary so that your faith may be found genuine. (Your faith is more valuable than gold, which will be destroyed even though it is itself tested by fire.) Your genuine faith will result in praise, glory, and honor for you when Jesus Christ is revealed.  

Although you’ve never seen him, you love him. Even though you don’t see him now, you trust him and so rejoice with a glorious joy that is too much for words. You are receiving the goal of your faith: your salvation.

10 The prophets, who long ago foretold the grace that you’ve received, searched and explored, inquiring carefully about this salvation. 11 They wondered what the Spirit of Christ within them was saying when he bore witness beforehand about the suffering that would happen to Christ and the glory that would follow. They wondered what sort of person or what sort of time they were speaking about. 12 It was revealed to them that in their search they were not serving themselves but you. These things, which even angels long to examine, have now been proclaimed to you by those who brought you the good news. They did this in the power of the Holy Spirit, who was sent from heaven.








 * * * *



1 Peter 1:1-12 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny



Приветствие


1 От Петра, апостола Иисуса Христа, скитальцам, рассеянным в Понте, Галатии, Каппадокии, провинции Азия[a] и Вифинии, избранным 2 по предведению Бога Отца, через освящение Духом, для повиновения Иисусу Христу и окропления Его кровью.
Благодать вам и мир да преумножатся.

Благодарность Богу за живую надежду

3 Благословен Бог и Отец нашего Господа Иисуса Христа. По Своей великой милости Он через воскресение Иисуса Христа из мертвых дал нам новую жизнь в живой надежде. 4 Он дал нам нетленное, неоскверненное и неувядаемое наследие. Оно хранится на небесах для вас, 5 защищенных через веру Божьей силой для спасения, которое готово явиться в последнее время.

6 Поэтому радуйтесь, даже если сейчас какое-то время вам и приходится страдать в различных испытаниях. 7 Ведь через такие страдания доказывается подлинность вашей веры, что ценнее золота (которое хоть и испытывается огнем, но все равно не вечно), чтобы она принесла вам похвалу, славу и честь, когда явится Иисус Христос.  

8 Вы не видели Его, но уже любите Его, и сейчас, не видя Его, вы верите в Него и радуетесь неописуемой и славной радостью, 9 достигая цели вашей веры – спасения душ ваших.

10 Этому спасению были посвящены поиски и исследования пророков, которые пророчествовали об ожидающей вас благодати. 11 Они старались понять, на какое время и на Кого им указывал находившийся в них Дух Христа, заранее свидетельствовавший о предназначенных Христу страданиях и о последующей за ними славе. 12 Им было открыто, что они служили не для себя, а для вас, когда возвещали то, что ныне, в силе посланного с небес Святого Духа, проповедано вам теми, кто принес Радостную Весть, то, во что даже ангелы жаждут заглянуть.

Footnotes:


  1. 1-e Петра 1:1 Азия – здесь имеется в виду не материк, а римская провинция на западе Малой Азии (часть современной территории Турции), которая позднее дала свое название материку.








____



Gospel



John 14:1-17 -- Common English Bible



The way, the truth, and the life


 “Don’t be troubled. Trust in God. Trust also in me. My Father’s house has room to spare. If that weren’t the case, would I have told you that I’m going to prepare a place for you?  

When I go to prepare a place for you, I will return and take you to be with me so that where I am you will be too. You know the way to the place I’m going.”

Thomas asked, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going. How can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you have really known me, you will also know the Father. From now on you know him and have seen him.”

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father; that will be enough for us.”

Jesus replied, “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been with you all this time? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?  

10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I have spoken to you I don’t speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me does his works.  

11 Trust me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or at least believe on account of the works themselves. 12 I assure you that whoever believes in me will do the works that I do. They will do even greater works than these because I am going to the Father. 13 I will do whatever you ask for in my name, so that the Father can be glorified in the Son. 14 When you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.

I won’t leave you as orphans

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 I will ask the Father, and he will send another Companion,[a] who will be with you forever. 17 This Companion is the Spirit of Truth, whom the world can’t receive because it neither sees him nor recognizes him. You know him, because he lives with you and will be with you.

Footnotes:


  1. John 14:16 Or Advocate








 * * * *



От Иоанна 14:1-17




John 14:1-17 -- Russian Slovo Zhizny



Иисус есть путь к Отцу


 – Пусть ничто не тревожит ваши сердца. Верьте в Бога и верьте в Меня. 2 В доме Моего Отца много комнат[a], и если бы это было не так, то разве Я сказал бы вам: «Я иду приготовить место для вас»?[b] 3 И если сейчас Я пойду и приготовлю вам место, то после вернусь и возьму вас к Себе, чтобы и вы были там, где Я. 4 Вы знаете путь туда, куда Я иду.

5 Фома сказал Ему:

– Господи, мы не знаем, куда Ты идешь, как же мы можем знать туда путь?

6 Иисус ответил:

– Я есть путь, истина и жизнь. Никто не приходит к Отцу, как только через Меня. 7 Если бы вы действительно знали Меня, вы бы знали и Моего Отца. И сейчас вы знаете Его и видели Его.

8 Филипп сказал:

– Господи, покажи нам Отца, и этого нам будет достаточно.

9 Иисус ответил:

– Неужели ты не знаешь Меня, Филипп? Ведь Я уже столько времени среди вас! Кто видел Меня, тот видел и Отца. Как ты можешь говорить: «Покажи нам Отца»?  

10 Неужели вы не верите, что Я в Отце и Отец во Мне? Слова, которые Я вам говорю, не Мои слова. Это Отец, Который живет во Мне, совершает Свою работу. 11 Верьте Мне, Я говорю вам, что Я в Отце и Отец во Мне, или верьте, по крайней мере, по Моим делам. 12 Говорю вам истину: кто верит в Меня, тот сможет делать то, что Я делаю. Он сможет сделать еще больше, потому что Я возвращаюсь к Отцу. 13 Я сделаю все, чего бы вы ни попросили во Имя Мое, чтобы Отец был прославлен через Сына. 14 Чего ни попросите во Имя Мое, Я то сделаю.

Иисус обещает Святого Духа

15 – Если вы любите Меня, то будете исполнять Мои заповеди. 16 Я попрошу Отца, и Он даст вам другого Заступника[c], чтобы Он навеки остался с вами, – 17 Духа истины. Мир не может принять Его, потому что не видит Его и не знает Его. Но вы знаете Его, потому что Он живет с вами и останется в вас.

Footnotes:


  1. От Иоанна 14:2 Или: «обителей».
  2. От Иоанна 14:2 Или: «В доме Моего Отца много комнат, и Я иду приготовить место для вас. Но если бы это было не так, то Я сказал бы вам».
  3. От Иоанна 14:16 Заступник – или: «Утешитель». Здесь Иисус определенно говорит о Святом Духе, Духе истины (см. 14:17, 26; 15:26).







No comments:

Post a Comment